Colloide Engineering Systems
Dynamic Sand Filters
Colloide‘s Dynamic Sand Filter offers an excellent treatment system for the removal of solids and other contaminants from a water/wastewater stream. This filter is always on line, continually filtering the incoming water while continually backwashing a small portion of the sand bed.
Summary of the Dynamic Sand Filter process:
- The feed water is fed into the filter at the base of the active sand bed through the distribution ring.
- It then flows upward through the downward moving sand bed where the solids are filtered out.
- The clean filtrate exits the filter through the overflow weir. The continuous reject flow of washing water is discharged through a separate outlet.
- The dirty sand is continuously removed from the active sand bed thanks to the action of the air-lift pump. This pump draws the contaminated sand from the bottom of the filter body.
- A mixture of sand, dirty particles and water is transported upward through the air-lift pipe into the washing chamber at the top of the filter.
These filters can also be designed as Ammonia Removal filters, denitrifying filters and/or phosphorous filters.
All wetted parts are in stainless steel AISI 304L. Special construction materials available upon request.
Solutions for installation in a concrete basin of several basic filter inserts is available, as is that for single concrete filters of various sizes.
Features & Benefits
- Absence of any mechanical moving parts.
- Unique continuous back-wash system using counter current variable velocity washing.
- Simple plant with no backwash water storage and backwash pumps.
- Higher suspended solids content in feed, high efficiency in removing fine solids.
- Colloidal particles efficiently removed through simple in-line dosage of coagulants.
- Coagulation, flocculation and filtration in one step thanks to the deep active bed.
- Very low pressure drop across the filter, gravity feed is possible in many instances Easy maintenance thanks to the internal sand air-lift system.
- Polishing of process waters for recycling oil, phosphorus and amonia removal from waste water.
- Tertiary filtration for wastewater.
- Denitrification for wastewater.
- Cooling tower water filtration.
- Drinking water filtration.
- Algae removal from drinking water.
- Pre-membrane filtration.
Click here for more Product Details from
Colloide Engineering Systems...